Botswana collection of the DGFB now fully accessible
July 6, 2016 Leave a comment
The “Deutsche Gesellschaft der Freunde Botswanas” has donated its library to the Africa Special Collection at Frankfurt University Library. Members of this German Association of the friends of Botswana are dispersed all over Germany. The central position of the city of Frankfurt provides easy access for all of them. Additionally, the rich collections on sub-saharan Africa seemed to be the right context: In 2012 more than 250 titles collected by the members found their lasting home directly beside many volumes of modern research literature on Botswana and more titles bought locally in Botswana. Now in 2016 all of the material has been catalogued and indexed by subject.
According to the members of the association the focus subjects covered are
- books and pamphlets on HIV/AIDS
- government publications including statistics and development plans
- tourism and heritage
Access to the Botswana titles:
- To explore the donation of the “Deutsche Gesellschaft der Freunde Botswanas” a local key in the online catalogue allows to restrict the search to this special collection.
- To include any other titles on Botswana available at Frankfurt University Library use the subject indexing in the online catalogue.
- Find Botswana related literature in other important European libraries through ilissAfrica.